CES 2016 Preview Report

The Presentation inside:

Slide 0

CES 2016 Preview Report

Slide 1

Slide 2

Table of Contents • Overview • Trends • Spotlight on… • Internet of things • Drones • Virtual reality • TV • Contact

Slide 3

Overview charts and quotes to make you sound smarter just by copying and pasting them

Slide 4

Slide 5

Insert smart-looking charts from others

Slide 6

Insert smart-looking charts from others

Slide 7

Insert smart-looking charts from others

Slide 8

Framework for charting impact of what you see at CES Innovative Applicable

Slide 9

Framework for charting impact of what you see at CES Innovative Applicable Innovative Irrelevant Applicable Essential

Slide 10

[Insert inspirational quote about brands at CES, eg:] “Marketing is like a Las Vegas buffet. Or a Cirque du Soleil show. Or the Bellagio fountain. You never know what you’re gonna get.” --F500 marketer

Slide 11

[Insert quote from Michael Kassan to ensure we’re on MediaLink’s invite lists - eg:] “CES isn’t just about consumers. It isn’t just about electronics. It’s about the show.” – Michael Kassan, Chairman and CEO, MediaLink

Slide 12

Gratuitous shots of people on show floor using selfie sticks

Slide 13

Map of CES show floor Entrance The one exhibit you really want to see

Slide 14

Trends remember the 80-20 rule: you can recycle no more of 80% of last year’s trends so make up the other 20%

Slide 15

We don’t need self-driving cars but self-driving roads

Slide 16

The Statue of Liberty is the world’s tallest beacon

Slide 17

When technology talks to itself, everyone needs to listen

Slide 18

Wearables are the new shareables

Slide 19

The internet of things can be everything or something, but not nothing

Slide 20

Internet of Stuff or Things or Whatever All of our devices are talking to each other. Pretty soon, they’ll take after us and just check their iPhones instead.

Slide 21

Nothing is more romantic than giving your partner a ring that tells them to get more exercise and sleep

Slide 22

“Sengled Voice is the only integrated microphone/speaker LED bulb on the market.” Because we need 50,000 choices for talking lightbulbs.

Slide 23

Interet of Things (IoT) Bingo: Find any of these connected devices

Slide 24

Drones What other tech can simultaneously take selfies while invading Moldova?

Slide 25

The next wave of drones: self-flying drones you can carry with you. You’ll also need a selfie brush so your hair looks perfect in those drone selfies (dronies)

Slide 26

Drone Bingo! Find a drone that…

Slide 27

Virtual Reality When real reality is just getting a little too real.

Slide 28

Insert shots of branded VR experiences

Slide 29

Insert shots of people fumbling around using VR

Slide 30

Google Cardboard’s a thing, so show someone using that

Slide 31

Insert weirdest VR stock photo you can find

Slide 32

VR Bingo! Find a VR experience where you can do each of these activities:

Slide 33

Cars We were promised flying cars. Now we have to sit through yet another freaking deck referencing that quote like it’s Mark 12:31.

Slide 34

Show scary image of what self-driving cars look like

Slide 35

Slide 36

Not up for a self-driving car? We’ll soon have self-driving hoverboards Source: Lexus

Slide 37

TVs Smartwatches and beacons don’t take up much booth space, so OEMs have to fill it with something

Slide 38

Photo montage of all the breakthrough 4K, 8K, and 3D TVs that everyone’s talking about this year IMAGE NOT FOUND

Slide 39

Links and Resources CES 2016 Innovation Awards CES 2016 Sneak Peek: 9 Cool Gadgets (InformationWeek) Top Technology Trend to Watch 2016-2018 (Forrester) Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Technology Trend for 2016 (Forbes)

Slide 40

Contact us David Berkowitz CMO, MRY @mry / @dberkowitz www.mry.com [email protected]